Victims of Pit Bull AttacksFiled under Dangerous Dogs, Dog Statistics, Videos on January 18, 2011
Pit Bull Dogs Kill An Average of One Person Every 21 Days
According to dogbite.org, “In a 3-year period (January 2006 to December 2008), pit bulls killed 52 Americans. This is equivalent to a pit bull killing an American every 21 days.”
The following video lists the names, ages, and locations of 158 victims of pit bull attacks during three months in 2008.
The video was created to serve as a tribute to the 158 victims in 127 pit bull attacks that occurred in the United States in an 85-day period between July and September 2008. The video also serves to remind the general public of the potentially dangerous nature of pit bulls and pit bull type dogs, and reports:
- 57% of the attacks occurred off the dog owners’ property;
- 158 different people were injured in 127 attacks;
- 63% of these injuries were severe;
- 10% of the attacks resulted in severed body parts;
- Six people were killed by pit bull dogs;
- Law enforcement officers and citizens 128 dangerous pit bulls in self-defense; and
- 12 new cities passed ordinances regulating pit bulls.
Our Personal Injury Dog Bite Lawyers Can Help You Recover Damages
Serious dog attack injuries cause physical and emotional trauma that can have a devastating and lasting impact on victims. While most competent lawyers are able to help victims recover the cost of actual medical expenses, our law firm excels in recovering damages for pain and suffering and compensation to pay for the long-term costs of recovery, treatment, and therapies.